We are seeking a back office administrator to play a key role on our finance and accounting team.
Frenik strives to offer best in class marketing and consulting services to companies of all sizes. We pride ourselves on not only generating incremental customers for our clients, but ensuring our efforts maximize revenue as well.
We take the time to understand your business and develop digital marketing strategies tailor fit for your needs, all while providing 100% transparency into our work.
Our team’s tactical marketing experience combined with in-depth knowledge of various business models and industries, allows our clients to hit the ground running quickly.
If your brand has aggressive growth goals, let our team be the trustworthy partner you deserve.
POSITION SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE
We are looking for a young, eager individual who wants to learn in a rapidly moving environment. Would like someone who is earlier in their career, needing to be in school for accounting or at least have a bachelors in accounting full-time position, individual need to be detail oriented, organized, able to multitask responsible for standard accounting functions, budgeting on a monthly basis, expense management, client contract creation, monthly financial reporting as well as ad-hoc requests.
This position is ideal for an experienced accounting professional that strives to consistently exceed expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
The Accountant will have a broad range of responsibilities that could include, but are not limited to, preparing monthly journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, allocations of expenses throughout organization, analyzing trends in data, consolidating company operating information for internal and external financial reporting, and preparing quarterly and annual financial statements. You will also assist in designing, preparing, reviewing and analyzing management reports. Identify and evaluate opportunities for process improvements for the department focusing on controls.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for month-end and quarter-end financial close procedures on a GAAP basis
- Prepares and / or review reconciliation and schedules to support general ledger balances and related financial reporting
- Approaches all assigned tasks with an analytical mindset to identify problems/issues, propose solutions and implement change as needed
- Preparation and review of financial statements and any ad hoc reporting
- Recommends process improvements and drives change
- Other tasks and projects as assigned in an effort to further the Department’s and Company’s overall goals
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills required.
- Quickbooks Online knowledge is a plus
Frenik has a hybrid style of operating where two days of the week are remote and three days of the week are on-site at our office located in Sandy Springs, GA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Shows passion, energy / endurance, intensity and excitement, – maintaining focus while balancing multiple priorities
- Developing and Leveraging Relationships – Able to build and sustain excellent relationships in the workplace. Leverages cross functional / business skills set and is a positive influence to others.
- Communication / Interpersonal Skills – Must be highly articulate, accessible, a good listener and visible to others.
- Integrity – Acts with integrity above all else.
- Ability to work beyond a normal work day schedule when necessary to hit financial reporting deadlines
- Strong desire to increase knowledge and expertise both as an accountant and a professional in the insurance industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word or other data based applications
- The ability to work independently or in a team structured environment to meet common goals, objectives and deadlines
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and commitment to project ownership, accuracy and completion on a timely basis
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage work to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Physical demands are considered to be that of an office environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion. This position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interactions with others through in office meetings or via phone/zoom calls.
Ability to travel as necessary for business reasons.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, continuing education, and paid time off.
Frenik Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V